For Attending the Anna University TNEA Counseling, students can follow this simple Guidelines. So that it is easy to attend the counseling without any fear and difficult.
- Enter the Anna University Chennai premises with a Demand Draft drawn in favour of "The Secretary (TNEA), Anna University Chennai" Payable at Chennai or cash for Rs. 5,000 (Rs. 1,000 for SC/ST candidates). Anna University will arrange many Bank Stalls inside the Anna University Campus for get the DD inside the campus itself. So if you forgot to get DD then you can use this service.
- Approach any of the bank counters, produce the DD or pay cash and get a counselling form.
- Be ready to enter the Counseling hall One Hour before the Scheduled Time. It is better that the outstation candidates who have appointment time in the forenoon, to reach Chennai in the previous day itself to avoid any unforeseen delay in travel.
- Look up the display boards kept at vantage points to know the vacancy position college wise and course wise at that point in time according to the OC / BC / BCM / MBC / SC / SCA / ST categories. Continuous announcements will be made regarding entry time.
- As you enter the counseling hall, register your name. Each session will have 400 students attending the counseling.
- Candidates will be told to arrange certificates in a particular order.
- Then verification of details takes place. If there is any discrepancy the candidate is turned away.
- Candidates then enter the actual hall where there are 60 terminals for counseling, each with a counselor to guide the students through the process.
- The person with the highest rank gets the first chance to exercise his option. Check if all relevant details regarding name, number, etc., are correct.
- The counselor will asked the candidate the college and course of his choice, which is fed into the system.
- The position will seen by the candidate - Collegewise, Coursewise & Communitywise.
- Seeing the position candidate can give three options to start with.
- Mostly the Candidates are very likely to get one of the three options. In some cases of not being able to get in any of the three, then he can go for another three options.
- Once you (Candidate) gets the course and college of the choice, an admission order will be made out in to your (Candidate) name.
- Once the candidate signs the order, then the admission is finalized.
- Once allotted a seat the amount Rs.5,000/- (Rs.1000/- in case of SC/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) already paid at the time of counseling will be adjusted towards the tuition fee.
- If a candidate does not join after allocation he/she has to forfeit the initial amount paid. Fee payment can be made at the venue, at a bank, or at the college during time of admission.
If need any other details in this regarding, contact our Anna University TNEA Counseling Student Forum - TNEAcounseling.in